Skip to content
- This is a program designed for students interested in finding physical applications for STEAM and technology, going beyond software and coding.
- SEE “REGISTER NOW” TAB FOR UPCOMING DATES.
- This is one week-long course for students to find countless and unique outlets for their creativity and science interests.
- Designed for students completing grades 5+ (entering 6th grade in the fall of 2021).
- Middle and high school students encouraged!
- Though encouraged, no previous coding/programming experience required.
- Concepts covered:
- Introduction to the BBC Microbit:
- Programming the Microbit to understand external inputs
- Using buttons and sensing to display different patterns with an LED matrix.
- Introduction to circuits
- Parts of a circuit (switches, resistors, batteries/power supplies, motors, conductors & insulators, etc.)
- Understanding different types of circuits (series vs parallel circuits)
- CAD (Designing 3D Prints)!
- Session will conclude with a competition to see which student can best design a 3D print and integrate their circuit board (Microbit) to form a useful/cool product.
- The winner of this competition will be able to print their design and bring their product to life (and integrate their circuit’s code)!
Check Out Our Other Programs!