Welcome to a class that teaches students how to make APPS!
App Inventors 101:
- This level is designed for anyone starting out with App Inventors with or without taking classes from Yobea.
- COMPLETION OF INTERMEDIATE BEACONS (Scratch) OR PRIOR CODING EXPERIENCE (minimal) REQUIRED!
- Designed for students completing grades 4 and up (entering 5th grade in the fall of 2021).
- DEVICE REQUIREMENT: Students will need a second device (tablet or smartphone) in order to test their apps.
- SEE “REGISTER NOW” TAB FOR UPCOMING DATES.
- Concepts covered:
- An introduction to MIT App Inventor
- Understanding the Designer, the Blocks Editor, panels, and menus.
- Use human interactions (voice, touch, sensing, camera, temperature, etc.) to create a creative and applicable app to impact every day life!
- Projects Covered:
- “Hello It’s Me” Voice Recording and Speech Game
- Drawing/Sketching Game
- Create your own Piano Game!
- Music Maker App (Different Instruments and/or Voices
- Catch The Gold Game
App Inventors 2 (Advanced)
- MUST HAVE COMPLETED LEVEL 1 TO JOIN
- Designed for students looking to further their app-making knowledge to make more complex and applicable games.
- For students completing grades 4 and up (entering 5th grade in the fall of 2021).
- SEE “REGISTER NOW” TAB FOR UPCOMING DATES
- Projects covered:
- Week 1: Magic 8 Ball (Review)
- Week 2: Whack-a-mole
- Week 3: Make your own chat app
- Week 4: Photo booth (diy Snapchat) app
- End of session hackathon to create the coolest and most effective app possible!